India inks an agreement with a development bank for setting up India-Africa Institute of Agriculture & Rural Development in Malawi
- India signed an agreement with a development bank for setting up India-Africa Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development (IAIARD) in Malawi.
- It has signed an MoU with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service, NABCONS for setting up the Institute.
- The agreement is a part of India’s efforts to enhance capacity in the areas of agro-financing and entrepreneurship development for African countries.
- IAIARD will be a Pan-African Institute wherein trainees not only from Malawi but also from other African countries, will receive training to develop their human resources and build their capacity.
- The entire expenditure on faculty from India, the travel, logistics and training course expenses for students from other African countries will be borne by the Government of India for an initial period of three years
- This institute will be the first of its kind developed in an African country by India. This will further strengthen the bilateral relations with Malawi and India’s relations with African Union.
//php comments_template(); ?>