INDIA, MALDIVES SIGN SIX KEY AGREEMENTS
09, Jun 2019
Prelims level : International Mains level : GS-II Governance, Social Justice and IR
Why in News:
- India and maldives signed six key agreements.
More in News:
- Prime Minister of India H.E. Shri Narendra Modi, is on a State Visit to the Maldives from 8 to 9 June 2019, at the invitation of the President of the Republic of Maldives H.E. Mr Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- This is PM Modi’s first overseas visit after taking oath of office for a second term, on 30 May 2019. The visit is an important symbolic gesture reflective of the special relationship that exists between the two countries.
- The two sides signed the following MoUs/Technical Agreements during the visit:
- MoU for Cooperation in the Field of Hydrography .
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Health .
- MoU for the Establishment of Passenger and Cargo Services by Sea .
- MoU for Cooperation in Customs Capacity Building between the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs of India and the Maldives Customs Service .
- MoU between National Centre for Good Governance, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and Maldives Civil Service Commission on Training and Capacity Building Programme for Maldivian Civil Servants .
- Technical Agreement on Sharing White Shipping Information between the Indian Navy and the Maldives National Defence Force.