India n students to participate in PISA 2021
Why in News?
- The HRD Ministry has signed a pact with the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) for the participation of students from Central government schools in PISA-2021.
- With the signing of the pact, Indian students aged 15 will be able to take the Programme for International Student Assessment or PISA, which is conducted every three years.
- It will be a competency-based test, which evaluates the learning level of 15YO students in reading, mathematics and science.
- The outcomes of the test will be used to do more teacher training programmes and curricular reforms.
- The questions in the test will be contextualized according to the Indian setting to help students understand them better.
- Schools run by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and schools in the UTs of Chandigarh will participate.
- The CBSE and NCERT will be part of the process and activities leading to the actual test.