India Pavilion at Cannes Film Festival 2019 inaugurated
16, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- The India Pavilion at Cannes Film Festival 2019 was inaugurated by Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare today.
- A special IFFI poster marking its Golden Jubilee Edition was also released, along with a comprehensive Film Guide to showcase the importance of the film ecosystem and government incentives to shoot in India.
- The India Pavilion has been set up to showcase Indian cinema across linguistic, cultural and regional diversity, with the aim of forging international partnerships in distribution, production, filming in India, development, technology, promoting film sales and syndication.
- It will serve as a platform for the Indian Delegates to meet International Delegates attending the Festival to promote networking with other countries and organizations
- The Pavilion will also serve as an information dissemination point about India and Indian Cinema for the Global Film Community.
- The Indian Delegation will interact with key stakeholders of Cannes as well as other members of the film fraternity during the Festival, along with promoting the Golden Jubilee Edition of IFFI to be held later this year.
- To take advantage of the availability of technicians and skilled professionals, the Delegation will showcase India as a post-production hub to promote collaborations for films with international production houses.