India Post ventures into new arena of e-market place
Why in News?
- The Ministry of State for Communications (Independent Charge), launched the e-Commerce Portal of the Department of Posts (DoP).
- It will provide an e-Market place to sellers especially to rural artisans/self-help groups/ women entrepreneurs/State and Central PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc. to sell their products to buyers across the Country.
- The small and local sellers (who were left) will now, by leveraging the vast physical and IT network of DoP, be able to maximize their reach and retailing power.
- The buyers can access the products of their choice displayed by sellers on the portal and place online orders by making digital payments.
Post Office Core Banking Solution (CBS):
- It also launched the internet banking facility for Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) customers which are under Core Banking Solution (CBS).
- Now, around 17 Crore POSB accounts will be intra-operable and customers can also transfer funds online to RD and PPF accounts of Post Offices.
- This facility will help customers to do their transactions without physically visiting post offices.
Deen Dayal SPARSH:
- The Department of Posts had launched a scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH (i.e., Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby).
- To bring philately to the mainstream of the education system and incentivizing it, in 2017.
//php comments_template(); ?>
- India Post is a Central Postal System of Government of India that was founded on 1st April 1854.
- It works under the Ministry of Communications of the Government of India.
- The postal system of India is one of the widely distributed networks in the world.
- India is divided into 23 postal circles headed by Chief Postmaster.
- Indian Post is providing its services in Philately, Army Postal Service, Electronic Indian Postal Order, Postal Life Insurance, Postal Savings, Banking, Data collection, e-commerce and Railways.