India ranked 117 in KidsRight Index
24, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- India stands in a lowly 117th position out of 181 countries in the KidsRight Index.
- It is an annual global index which ranks how countries adhere to and are equipped to improve child rights.
- Countries are judged on five indicators: right to life, right to education, right to health, right to protection and enabling environment for child rights.
- Iceland topped the index.
- Kids Rights Index is an initiative started by Kids Right Foundation with Erasmus University, Rotterdam.
- The index is prepared on the basis of five indicators
- Right to Life
- Right to Education
- Right to Health
- Right to Protection
- India scored 0.64 out of 1 in the overall category
- Iceland has scored 0.967 and Portugal has scored 94.8.