India, US agree to strengthen economic co-operation
07, May 2019
Prelims level : India-US relations timeline and challenges Mains level : What are the trade challenges between India and USA , how the will impact the global economy?
- India and the United States have agreed to strengthen economic co-operation and bilateral trade by ensuring greater collaboration amongst stakeholders, including government, businesses and entrepreneurs.
- A bilateral trade meeting was held between the two countries in New Delhi .
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu and US Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross co-chaired the meeting.
- Both leaders appreciated the strong, robust and growing bilateral ties across the entire spectrum of trade and commerce.
- Both sides also expressed satisfaction over last year’s progress, with bilateral trade in Goods and Services registering a growth of 12.6 per cent.
- India and US also discussed various outstanding trade issues.