Indian Embassy organised yoga event at Syangboche
17, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- The Yoga has reached the base of Mount Everest, the highest peak on the earth. To celebrate 5th International Day of Yoga, the Embassy of India in Nepal organised a special event at Syangboche situated around 13,000 feet in the lap of Mt Everest.
- Members from various NGOs, women and youth groups of Solukhumbu district, officials of Sagarmatha National Park and a large number of local people enthusiastically participated in the programme.
- Besides Indian Ambassador Manjeev Singh Puri and officials of the embassy many foreign tourists, mountaineers and researchers also joined Yoga Day celebrations.
- Yoga teacher from Embassy of India performed different asanas from common yoga protocol. The main objective of the programme was to highlight the importance of Yoga in daily life and to bring peace and harmony across the continents, nations and people.
- First time, the International Day of Yoga celebrations were also held at the base camp of Mount Everest. India’s Mount Everest climber Bharat Sharma and other mountaineers from various countries created history by performing Yoga at 17600 feet in the backdrop of mighty Mount Everest.