Prelims Syllabus : Science & Technology- Defence Mains Syllabus : GS-III - Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Context– The new concept of Integrated Battle Groups (IBGs) which the Army plans to create as part of overall force transformation is close to implementation,
- IBGs are expected to be game changers that will alter the way the Indian Army strategises for wars.
- These specialised groups to ensure better integration and self-sufficiency as compared to the existing formations.
- During hostilities, the current system requires a brigade to wait to be augmented by various types of units, such as artillery and logistics, which raises its time to mobilise.
- This won’t be the case with IBGs, which will be self-sufficient and inbuilt with all such units, and hence, easier to mobilise.