Integrated Government Online Training Programme (iGOT)
Why in News?
- The iGOT (Integrated Government Online Training Programme) developed by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, was launched.
- The National Training Policy-2012 mandates that all civil servants will be provided with training to equip them with the competencies for their current or future jobs.
- The current structure of training for Government servants including domestic and foreign training is mostly available to very small section of the government servants.
- The outreach of the existing training setup is very limited in view of the large workforce employed in various States/UT Governments.
- To provide a broad training eco-system creating synergies across various premier training institutes of the country and to cater the training needs which can encompass all the officials in the entire hierarchy of Central and State Governments.
- The IGOT will augment the existing training mechanism with online module-based training coupled with certification on flexitime basis.
- The training will be focussed and targeted to the requirement of the officials
- The e-Learning mode provides unparalleled opportunities for training to a large number of civil servants scattered all over the country.
- The latest technologies make available vast resources of learning material and online courses, providing the individuals enormous choices and flexibility in learning.
- It will provide a single point of access to the repository of training resources.
- The training courses under this programme will be accessible through DoPT’s web portal.
- The initiative aims at “Competent Civil Services for Good Governance”
//php comments_template(); ?>