Introduction of E-Way Bill System
Why in News?
- The E-way Bill System has been introduced nation-wide for inter-State movement of goods with effect from 1st April, 2018.
Objectives of E-way bill system:
- Single and unified E-way bill for inter-State and intra-State movement of goods for the whole country in self-service mode.
- Enabling paperless and fully online system to facilitate seamless movement of goods across all the States,
- improve service delivery with quick turnaround time for the entire supply chain and provide anytime anywhere access to data/services.
- To facilitate hassle free movement of goods by abolishing inter-State check posts across the country.
- The Government undertook various corrective steps in this regard viz., new Information Technology (IT) infrastructure including high end servers were installed to handle the increased load on the system.
- The upgraded system is capable of handling a peak load of 75 lakh E-way bills per day.
- EWay Bill is an electronic way bill for movement of goods which can be generated on the eWay Bill Portal.
- Transport of goods of more than Rs. 50,000 (Single Invoice/bill/delivery challan) in value in a vehicle cannot be made by a registered person without an eway bill.
- When an eway bill is generated a unique eway bill number (EBN) is allocated and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.
- An e-way bill is valid for 1 day for distance less Than 100 Kms and additional 1 day for every additional 100 Kms or part thereof
- The validity of Eway bill can be extended.
//php comments_template(); ?>