INVESTIGATION TRACKING SYSTEM FOR SEXUAL OFFENCES (ITSSO) AND SAFE CITY IMPLEMENTATION MONITORING PORTAL LAUNCHED
- The Union Home Minister and Minister for Women and Child Development launched the Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal as part of the women safety initiatives.
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO).
- The Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) is an online module available to law enforcement agencies at all levels, national, state, district and police station.
- It allows the state to undertake real-time monitoring and management of cases of rape to be able to complete the investigation in two months.
- ITSSO leverages the existing Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems which is a nationwide network enabling sharing of information between Police Stations, State officers and security agencies.
Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal:
- The government had brought in the Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal to monitor the safe city project introduced in the eight cities which are: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.The portal will aid in online tracking of deployment of assets and infrastructure.
- The safe city project funded through the Nirbhaya Fund is a joint endeavour of city’s police and municipal bodies, the project involves identifying crime hotspots and saturating them with CCTV cameras, drone-based surveillance and deployment of automated number plate reading (ANPR) equipment through an integrated smart control room.
//php comments_template(); ?>