ISRO join search for missing An-32 transport aircraft
05, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- India’s military and satellite resources have been deployed to trace an Indian Air Force’s missing Antonov An-32 transport aircraft.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has pressed into service to hunt for the missing aircraft.
- ISRO’s earth observation satellites Cartosat and RISAT are taking images of the area where the aircraft disappeared.
- The Indian Air Force has deployed Sukhoi-30 combat aircraft, C-130 Special Ops aircraft, AN-32, Mi-17 and ALH helicopters to locate the aircraft.
- Indian Navy P-8 I aircraft also joined the search operations yesterday. All possible assistance is being provided by the Army, Navy, Police and administration in the operation.
- The Indian Air Force An-32 aircraft went missing on Monday afternoon after taking off from Jorhat in Assam with 13 people on board.