ISRO launches Samwad with Students on New Year Day
Why in News?
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched a new platform called ‘Samwad with Students’ on January 1, 2018 in Bengaluru, as part of its enhanced outreach programme.
- Through the initiative, ISRO aims to constantly engage youngsters across India in activities concerning space science to capture their scientific temperament. The new conversation mission aims to inspire students cutting across schools and colleges.
- The ISRO Chairman used the platform to explain to the students the importance of the Indian space programme and its benefits to the society at large.
- He wanted them to take up science and mathematics with absolute seriousness which would enable them to take up challenging careers.
- He explained that space missions are very complex in nature and totally different from terrestrial systems, as they have to work in extreme environments more often.
- Upon asked how the students could contribute to ISRO’s missions, Dr. Sivan told the students that when they complete their studies with a focus on fundamentals of science, then they could get back to ISRO and help solve problems.
- On the sidelines, the students and teachers also interacted with ISRO scientists and engineers.
//php comments_template(); ?>