ISRO to set up an integrated control room for emergency response
23, Sep 2018
Prelims level : Integrated Control Room-ER Mains level :
Why in News?
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on September 20, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for setting up the state-of-the-art Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in Ministry of Home Affairs.
Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER):
- ISRO will render its technical expertise for setting up of proposed ICR-ER whereas the project will be executed under overall supervision of MHA.
- The ICR-ER will cater to the requirement of Disaster Management as well as Internal Security.
- ICR-ER will address the requirement of receipt of information on near real-time basis, strategic level monitoring, situation awareness, command and control.
- This will improve preparedness and response in the diverse internal security situation and disaster related emergencies.
- Resultantly, it will increase the operational effectiveness and will be helpful in rendering timely response and assistance during various emergency situations.