JAN DHAN DARSHAK – MOBILE APP
Why in News?
- Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC) has jointly developed a mobile app called Jan DhanDarshak as a part of financial inclusion (FI) initiative .
Jan DhanDarshak App:
- This app will act as a guide for the common people in locating a financial service touch point at a given location in the country.
- Jan DhanDarshak app is a unique solution to provide a citizen centric platform for locating financial service touch points across all providers such as banks, post office, CSC, etc.
- These services could be availed as per the needs and convenience of the common people.
- While over 5 lakh FI touch points (Bank branches, ATMs, Post Offices) have been mapped on this App, approx. 1.35 lakh Bank Mitras would be on-boarded by 01.12.2018.
Salient features of the App:
- Find nearby Financial touch points, based on current location (Branches/ATM/Post offices)
- Search by place name
- Search by place name also available with Voice Interface
- Phone number of bank branches available in app, with the facility of call button for integrated dialing
- Users’ feedback will go directly to the concerned bank for carrying out the necessary updation in data on financial touch points.
//php comments_template(); ?>