KERALA CM INAUGURATES IAV IN THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the Institute of Advanced Virology (IAV) in Thiruvananthapuram.
- A first of its kind research institute that is linked to the Global Virus Network (GVN), it will operate from the Bio 360 Life Sciences Park at Thonnakkal in the capital city. The establishment of the institute was proposed during the Nipah Virus outbreak that struck the state last year. The institute can confirm the viruses causing infectious diseases and detect new ones without delay in order to plan preventive measures.
- The institute is affiliated to the Global Virus Network, which has 45 centres of excellence in over 29 countries.
- This kind of vast network of virologists will help in the fast detection and prevention of virus-borne diseases such as Nipah.
- The institute that is equipped with bio-safety level-3 facilities adhering to international standards to detect virus and research programs is also expected to run various academic programs in the near future.
//php comments_template(); ?>