London top choice for Indian investors
04, May 2019
Prelims level : Explain India’s new model Bilateral investment treaties(BITs) and challenges in it? Mains level :
- London emerged as the top choice for Indian investors ahead of other cities such as Dubai and Singapore.
- The investments by Indian companies in the British capital reached an all-time high in 2018.
- The UK emerged as the top most country to attract Indian FDI with 52 projects, ahead of the US (51) and the UAE (32) in 2018.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from India into London increased by 255 per cent from 2017 to 2018.
- And, investment into the UK from India grew by over 100 per cent compared with the previous year, with London accounting for over 60 per cent of all Indian investment into the UK in 2018.