Low farm price and low agriculture productivity is possible in Agrarian distress. Suggest the way to double the farmer income by 2022.
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (discuss the current Agrarian distress facing India).
- What is agrarian distress?
- How it will help formers?
- What the agrarian distress demand policy?
- Way forward.
- The rising demand for farm loan waivers across states show the extent of agriculture distress.
- This agrarian distress demands urgent policy attention on the following lines:
- raise productivity
- reduce costs of cultivation by providing quality inputs at subsidised rates
- provide remunerative prices following the recommendations of the Swaminathan Commission
- ensure assured procurement of output
- expand access to institutional credit
- enhance public investment for infrastructural development
- institute effective crop insurance systems
- Establish affordable scientific storage facilities and agro-processing industries for value addition etc.
//php comments_template(); ?>