MAHATMA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED TO 150 SRI LANKAN STUDENTS
- 150 students of Srilanka from all 25 districts were awarded the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi scholarships for study in India. The Scholarships were awarded by Sri Lankan Education Minister and Indian High Commissioner at a special ceremony in Colombo.
Mahatma Gandhi Scholarships
- The Mahatma Gandhi Scholarships are merit-cum-means based Scholarship instituted in 2006-07 for Sri Lankan students and is awarded annually by the High Commission of India in cooperation with the Ministry of Education of Sri Lanka.
- Recipients of the Mahatma Gandhi Scholarships receive cash assistance during their two years of Advanced Level studies.
- The High Commission of India has increased the scholarship amount from Rs. 2,000 to 2,500 per month from 2015-16 onwards and accordingly; this year’s awardees will receive Rs. 30,000 annually during their two years of ‘Advanced Level studies.
- The Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship has benefitted more than 1,100 meritorious students since its inception in the year 2006.
//php comments_template(); ?>