Ministry Of Housing And Urban Affairs
Swachh Survekshan – 2018:
- First Pan-India Survey to measure citizen connect with sanitation in all 4,041 cities and tours of the country.
- It is third in the series (Previous 2016 & 2017), and measures the outcome of the SBM (U)
- It works under the aegis of Ministry of Housing and urban affairs
Sanitation Component wise Weightage:
|S.no||COMPONENT||WEIGHTAGE IN 2017||WEIGHTAGE IN 2018
|2||Collection & Transportation of solid waste||40%||30%
|3||Processing and disposal of solid waste||20%||25%
|4||Information, Education & Communication||5%||5%
Significance of the Move
- By Ranking Different cities and towns the government of India striving to promote Co-operative Federalism by making competitive index.
- It is an extension of Swatch Bharat Abhiyaan (U) Which ensures cleanliness & Sanitation of not only the urban areas but also to promote behavioural change.
- This move will ensure Healthy and clean practises of the people which in turn will foster our human capital formation.
- Diseases like Diarrhoea, Malaria & Other Water brone Diseases which are responsible for child Mortality can be averted.
- By Making places clean it would directly promote tourism and makes India a Global hub tourism.
//php comments_template(); ?>