Model international centre for transformative AI (ICTAI)
Why in News?
- NITI Aayog, Intel, and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) has the collaboration to set up a Model International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) towards developing and deploying AI-led application-based research projects.
- This initiative is part of NITI Aayog’s ‘National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’ Discussion Paper that focuses on establishing ICTAI in the country through private sector collaboration.
International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI):
- Based in Bengaluru, the Model ICTAI aims to conduct advanced research to incubate AI-led solutions in three important areas – healthcare, agriculture and smart mobility – by bringing together the expertise of Intel and TIFR.
- It aims to experiment, discover and establish best practices in the domains of ICTAI governance, fundamental research, physical infrastructure, compute and service infrastructure needs, and talent acquisition.
- The model ICTAI is chartered to develop AI foundational frameworks, tools and assets, including curated datasets and unique AI algorithms.
- The intent is to develop standards and support policy development related to information technology such as data-storage, information security, privacy, and ethics for data capture and use.
Other focus areas:
- Another key area of its focus will be collaboration with industry leaders, start-up’s, and AI services and product companies to productize technologies and IP that are developed at the model ICTAI.
- And finally, the goal is to support skilling and talent development for world-class AI talent.
- The learning and best practices developed through this model ICTAI will be used by NITI Aayog to set up the future ICTAIs across country.
//php comments_template(); ?>