MoSPI has proposed to set up a National Data Warehouse to leverage big data analytical tools
12, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has proposed to set up a National Data Warehouse with an aim to leveraging big data analytical tools.
- This move is to further improve the quality of macro-economic aggregates.
- MoSPI also plans to introduce a legislative framework so that the National Statistical Commission (NSC) can function with independence and give holistic guidance for improving the national statistical system.
- The move also lends its support to the system reforms that are currently ongoing. It will also ensure the responsiveness to the changing needs of society that are necessary.
- This proposed set up is necessary as there are increasing demands on the statistical system for the production of relevant and quality statistics.