MOU between India and Kuwait on recruitment of Domestic Workers
Why in news?
- The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the recruitment of domestic workers.
- The MoU will provide a structured framework for cooperation on domestic workers related matters.
- It provides for strengthened safeguards for Indian domestic workers including female workers deployed in Kuwait.
- Initially valid for five years, it has a provision for automatic renewal.
- The MoU also proposes setting up of a joint committee that will be set up to follow up the implementation.
- The MoU will benefit around 3 lakh Indian workers deployed in Kuwait, including about 90,000 female domestic workers and promotes bilateral cooperation in domestic workers-related matters between the two countries.
//php comments_template(); ?>