Prelims Syllabus : Economics- Infrastructure; Governance Mains Syllabus : GS-III- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
Why in News?
- The National Conclave on Energy Efficiency in MSME sector was inaugurated by Union Ministers in Hyderabad.
- The two-day Conclave was organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) with participation from MSME entrepreneurs, industry associations, technology and service providers, sectoral energy experts and senior officials from the Government.
- The Ministers also released Energy Conservation Guidelines for MSMEs.
- They also launched the Knowledge Management Portal “SIDHIEE” under the BEE’s MSME Programme.
- The SIDHIEE portal will host useful information including fifty videos of multimedia tutorials for MSMEs for early adoption of energy-efficient technologies.
- The Conclave is expected to be useful in creating a platform for pooling the knowledge and synergising the efforts of various stakeholders.
- The participantsdiscussed various issues such as strategies to promote energy efficiency, technical and financial capabilities of MSMEs, capacity-building and awareness programmes.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE):
- It is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- It assists in developing policies and strategies with the primary objective of reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy.
- It coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies, and other organizations to identify and utilize the existing resources and infrastructure, in performing the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.