National Conference of District Disability
Why in News?
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is organizing a ‘National Conference of District Disability Rehabilitation Centres’.
- The participants in this one-day conference include District Magistrates of 263 districts where DDRCs have been set up, Principal Secretaries Social Welfare, reputed NGOs, District Social Welfare officers, eminent Doctors etc.
District Disability Rehabilitation Centre (DDRC):
- DDRC provide comprehensive services to persons with disabilities and facilitate creation of infrastructure and capacity building at the district level for awareness generation, rehabilitation and training of rehabilitation professionals.
- 310 districts have been identified and 263 DDRCs have been set up
- Awareness generation, early intervention and assessment of the need of assistive devices to divyangjans.
- Therapeutic services such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy etc. to divyangjans through rehabilitation professionals.
- Equipment for rehabilitation services.
- Cost norms of the Scheme has been revised and enhanced to 2.5 times.
//php comments_template(); ?>