NATIONAL GIRL CHILD DAY BEING OBSERVED
In News :
- National Girl Child Day (NGCD)was observed on 24th January with objectives of generating awarenesson the issue of declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR) and create a positive environment around valuing the girl child. The programme also observed anniversary of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme. National Girl Child Day was first initiated in 2008.
- Theme:“Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow”.
- To increase the consciousness of the people and offer new opportunities to the girl child in the society.
- To remove all the inequalities faced by the girl child.
- To ensure that the girl child should get all their human rights, respect and value in the country.
- To work regarding gender discrimination, to educate people.
‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme :
- The Women and Child Development Ministry has organised an event in Delhi to observe the anniversary of ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme.
- “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015 at Panipat in Haryana.
- Seeing the good progress and improving trend of sex ratio at birth in 161 implementing districts, Mr Modi launched the all India expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao covering all 640 districts last year.
- It is a central sector scheme with 100 per cent financial assistance for district-level component and the funds are directly released to the DC and DM’s account.
- The scheme is a comprehensive programme to address the declining child sex ratio and related issues of empowerment of women.
//php comments_template(); ?>