National Health Profile-2018
15, Oct 2018
Prelims level : Particulars of the Registry and other stakeholders involved, National Health Profile Mains level : National healthcare facility registry
Why in News?
- The Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI), under the aegis of the Directorate General of Health Services released an Analytical Report of the National Health Profile2018.
- The National Health Profile covers demographic, socio-economic, health status and health finance indicators, along with comprehensive information on health infrastructure and human resources in health. The National Health Resource Repository (NHRR) – country’s first ever national healthcare facility registry of authentic, standardized and updated geospatial data of all public & private healthcare establishments.
The NHRR project:
- The NHRR project involves conducting a national census for all public and private healthcare facilities including hospitals, doctors, clinics, blood banks, pharmacies, diagnostic labs etc.
- The aim of the project is to develop a comprehensive platform for over 25 lakh healthcare establishments. The platform will be very useful for all key stakeholders – government, private health establishments and the public. Establish a National Health Resource Repository for evidence-based decision making – aligned with Digital India mission.
- The vision of the NHRR project is to strengthen evidence-based decision making and develop a platform for citizen and provider-centric services by creating a robust, standardized and secured IT-enabled repository of India’s healthcare resources. NHRR will be the ultimate platform for comprehensive information of both, Private and Public healthcare establishments including Railways, ESIC, Defense and Petroleum healthcare establishments. NHRR will cohesively work with Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) and Central TB Division (CTD) on an integrated plan for the larger benefit of ensuing Hospital empanelment and private sector engagement.
- To create a reliable, unified registry of country’s healthcare resources. It shall generate real-world intelligence to identify gaps in health and service ratios
- Ensure judicious health resource allocation and management.It shall identify key areas of improvement by upgrading existing health facilities or establishing new health facilities keeping in view the population density, geographic nature, health condition, distance, etc.
- To ensure superior health access, service delivery and improve transparency & accountability for effective centre-to-state funding.Improve the visibility of Private providers to enable Public-Private Partnerships.
- Provide access to information on health service providers to the citizen of India.