National Mission on GeM
Why do we need a e-Market:
- There are more small and marginal farmer’s ho don’t have access to market place.
- Many Villages in India lack Connectivity and mobility and their produce being small in quantity do not have the bargaining power from the government.
- There are instances where crops are sold below MSP due to lack of market infrastructure.
- As a result, the Agriculture GDP remains stagnant.
- It is to promote transparency, inclusiveness by empowering various categories of sellers and services providers such as MSME, Start-up, domestic manufacture’s, women entrepreneurship and SHG’s.
- This Scheme will give a boost to government aim of ‘Digital India’ and to promote cashless, Contactless, Paperless transaction.
- It has crossed ` 10,800 crore in terms of value and 6.96 Lakh in terms of volume of Transaction through the platform.
- The Platform has more than 1.35 Lakh sellers offering 4.43 Lakh Products and around 26,500 organisations as buyers.
- Around 25 States and UT’s have signed on Mov to make procurement through GeM mandatory while all states are buying this platform.
//php comments_template(); ?>