NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY WEEK
GS 3: Economy | Issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources
Why in News?
- National Productivity Council (NPC) is celebrating its 61st Foundation Day on 12th
February with the theme “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”.
- NPC observes foundation day as Productivity Day and the National Productivity Week.
- A circular economy is an economic system aimed at minimising waste and making the most of resources.
- This regenerative approach is in contrast to the traditional linear economy, which has a
‘take, make, dispose’ model of production.
- In a circular system resource input and waste, emission, and energy leakage are minimized by slowing, closing, and narrowing energy and material loops.
//php comments_template(); ?>