NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
07, Jan 2019
Why in news?
NITI Aayog published the National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence.
Key findings of the report:
- Opportunities and economic impact of Artificial Intelligence for India
- India specific key challenges and focus areas of AI implementation
- Different initiatives identified for AI implementation in India and the role of different parties and the role of our government to make those successful.
- Shortage of expertise
- Absence of data ecosystem
- Privacy & security issues
- Lack of awareness
- Absence of any collaboration
- Healthcare-Application of AI in Healthcare can help address issues of high barriers of access to healthcare facilities.
- Agriculture-Artificial Intelligence will have significant global impact on agricultural productivity at all levels of the value chain.
- Education-AI tools can be used to overcome the difficulties and challenges faced by Indian Education system. Smart Cities and Infrastructure: AI helps in improving public safety and eliminate most of the issues with Smart City and Intelligent City concepts.
- Smart Mobility and Transportation-AI aided smart technologies like Assisted Vehicle, Greenfield Infrastructure, Autonomous Trucking, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Travel Route & Flow Optimization and Community Based Parking can be used to address many of the challenging areas faced by cities.
To encourage the development of sustainable AI solutions at an appropriate price.Facilitating creation of large foundational annotated data sets which will enable and accelerate development of AI solutions by start-ups. Partnership and collaborative approach involving various stakeholders and the government. Spreading awareness of the advantages of AI offers. Regulatory measures for ethics, Privacy and Security related concerns.