National Workshop on Agri Export Policy
Why in news?
- Minister of State for Commerce & Industry hosted a workshop on new agri export policy.
- This is the first time that an agri export policy has been formulated and it is comprehensive involving all related sectors like R&D, clusters, logistics and transportation. Workshops like these will help to identify bottlenecks, get feedback and suggestions to improve and overcome difficulties in the implementation of the policy.
- To harness the export potential of Indian agriculture, through suitable policy instruments and make India a global power in agriculture and double farmers income by 2022.
- To double agricultural exports from present USD 30 billion to USD 60 billion by 2022 and reach USD 100 billion in the next few years.
- To diversify export basket, destinations and boost high value and value-added agricultural exports including a focus on perishables,
- To promote novel, indigenous, organic, ethnic and non-traditional agri products, institutional mechanism for pursuing market access, tackling barriers/SPS,
- To strive to double India’s share in world agri exports by integrating with GVC and enable farmers to get the benefit of export opportunities in overseas markets.
//php comments_template(); ?>