National Youth Parliament Festival 2019
Why in News?
- Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports launched the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 at New Delhi, thereby beginning the celebration of the National Youth Day 2019.
- National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 is organised on the theme of “Be The Voice of New India” and “Find solutions and contribute to policy”.
- Youth in the age bracket of 18-25 years are invited to participate in the District Youth Parliaments. This is done in order to hear the voice of youth in this age bracket who are allowed to vote but cannot contest in elections.
- The National Youth Parliament Festival will also encourage the youth to engage with public issues, understand the common man’s point of view, form their opinion and express these in an articulate manner.
- Relevant and effective voices on the vision of New India would be captured and documented to make these available to policy makers and implementers to take it forward.
- The National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 will be conducted at three levels:
- District Youth Parliament (DYP) at the district level.
- State Youth Parliament (SYP) at the State Level.
- National Youth Parliament (NYP) at the National Level
- The best three speakers at the National Youth Parliament will be awarded Rs. 2 Lakhs, Rs. 1.50 Lakhs and Rs. 1 Lakh respectively by the Prime Minister.
//php comments_template(); ?>