NAVY CHIEF COMMISSIONS NAVAL AIR BASE ‘INS KOHASSA’ AT DIGLIPUR IN ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS
In News :
- Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba commissioned the Naval Air Base ‘INS Kohassa’ at Diglipur in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- This will be the countries’ third Naval air facility after INS Utkarsh at Prot Blair and INS Baaz at Campbell Bay in the Andaman that overlooks key sea lanes of communication and strategic points.
- INS Kohassa will enhance Indian Navy’s operational capabilities in the region. The Naval Air Station has been developed to meet both military and civil needs as it will also provide impetus to the UDAN scheme.
- Commissioning of INS Kohassa furthers the commitment of the Government of India for the enhancement of the infrastructure capabilities and capacities in these strategic islands.
- The busy sea-lanes that lie off the Southern shores connect the West and the East. The new naval base will help in providing impetus to the UDAN scheme of Government of India and will complement Indian Navy’s role as a net service provider in the Indian Ocean Region.
- INS Kohassa will add to the Andaman Nicobar Commands’s ability to react quickly to emergent situations in the region.
//php comments_template(); ?>