NEPAL: MONTH-LONG FESTIVAL OF INDIA BEGINS IN KATHMANDU
A month-long Festival of India in Nepal is being held at Nepal. Nepal’s Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation was the chief guest of the opening ceremony.
Festival of India in Nepal:
- The Festival of India in Nepal is organised by the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Center at the Indian embassy in Kathmandu with support from India’s Ministry of culture.
- The Festival of India in Nepal is aimed at consolidating and strengthening our existing age-old relations, reinforcing sensibilities, affinities and shared cultural bonds between the people of our two countries.
- The Festival aims to contribute towards sustaining and enhancing mutual understanding between India and Nepal.
- The month-long festival will host cultural performances which include Mridangam instrumental performance by Pandit Yella Venkateshwara, Punjabi folk dance by Harinder Pal and group; Theatre art by Su-Samannaya group; Kathakali dance by Haripriya and group and Maithali Sons and Dances by Prangan Group.
- Together with cultural events the Festival also hosts an exhibition on Mahatma Gandhiji together with a speech competition on the Mahatma Gandhiji besides a seminar on Sanskrit.