Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific
GS 3: Indian Economy | Planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment
Why in news?
- The inaugural session of the General Assembly of Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific(NEDAC) in New Delhi .
- The sessions are going to be held on ‘Cooperatives to Cooperative Trade’ and ‘Capacity Development partnerships in NEDAC’.
- The ultimate aim would be to bring about an increase in farmers income and raise their economic standard by bringing cooperative trade in the mainstream and enhance cooperative professionalism.
- The general assembly of 22 prominent cooperative organizations from eight countries unanimously decided to focus on C2C and capacity development to meet challenges of climate change as transformative cooperatives.
- NEDAC was set up in 1991 by the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) and the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
- NEDAC sensitises Governments in the region on the role of agricultural cooperatives in promoting agricultural and rural development to ensure rural food and livelihood security for millions of people in Asia and Pacific.
//php comments_template(); ?>