NGT formed committee
- The National Green Tribunal formed a committee to look into the alleged erosion of Yamuna floodplain in Haryana’s Sonipat district.
- The joint report may be furnished within 1 month by e-mail so that matter can be taken up before monsoon.
- The NGT was established in 2010 under the National Green Tribunal Act 2010, passed by the Central Government.
- The nodal agency for coordination and compliance will be the principal secretary of the Haryana Irrigation and Water Resources Department.
- The stated objective of the Central Government was to provide a specialized forum for effective and speedy disposal of cases pertaining to environment protection, conservation of forests and for seeking compensation for damages caused to people or property due to violation of environmental laws or conditions specified while granting permissions
//php comments_template(); ?>