NIRF & ARIIA RANKINGS 2019
Why in News?
- The President of India has announced the results for National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)-2019 and Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)-2019. These were the fourth edition of NIRF Rankings and first edition of ARIIA ranking.
- Indian Institute of Madras (IIT Madras) has topped the list in ‘overall category’.
- 7 IITs are among the first ten position holders whereas JNU, Delhi has secured the seventh rank. IISc Bengaluru has topped ‘University category’. Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has retained its third position in the top 10 universities in the country for the third consecutive
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was launched by the Minister of Human Resource Development on 29th September
- This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the
- The parameters broadly cover
- Teaching, Learning and Resources,
- Research and Professional Practices,
- Graduation Outcomes,
- Outreach and Inclusivity and
ARIIA Rankings 2019:
- IIT Madras has topped the ‘Public funded Institutions Category’.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu has topped the ‘Private Institutions Category’.
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of
- To systematically rank all the major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and
- Major Indicators are:
- Budget & Funding Support
- Infrastructure & Facilities
- Awareness, Promotions & support for Idea Generation &Innovation.
- Promotion & Support for Entrepreneurship Development
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses
- Intellectual Property Generation, Technology Transfer & Commercialization
- Innovation in Governance of the Institution
- ARIIA focuses on quality of innovation and Tries to Measure the real impact Created by These Innovations Nationally and Internationally
//php comments_template(); ?>