Prelims Syllabus : Governance- Policies Mains Syllabus : GS-II- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-Governance- Applications, Models, Successes, Limitations, and Potential; Citizens Charters, Transparency & Accountability and Institutional and other measures.
Why in News?
- The Odisha government has decided to evaluate performance and incentives of police personnel on the basis of public feedback in their localities in addition to the existing parameters.
- In a briefing session with top police officers Odisha CM explained the concept of the government’s 5T vision.
- 5Ts-Transparency, Tech, Teamwork, Time lead to Transformation. Under 5T (vision), Mo Sarkar (meaning My Government) is a component.
- Police stations across the state will be required to register on the Mo Sarkar portal. After filing a complaint at a police station, an SMS will be sent to the complainant. The Chief Minister and his officials will make direct calls to the public for feedback on their experience at a police station.
- Based on public feedback and efficiency in service delivery, performing police stations and personnel shall be identified and recognised with faster promotion and other incentives.