One Nation – One Card – Policy
- India is shortly going to unveil one nation one card Policy for transport.
- This Format successfully adopted by leading nations around the world.
- The Policy lies emphasis on sustainable modes of transport, transport connectivity and digitalising India.
- A Robust transportation sector is imperative for country like India which is densely populated.
- The transport sector alone contributes 4% of India’s GDP.
Seamless Connectivity between different modes of Transport.
- Don’t have to carry cash and easy to pay.
- You can see which vehicle comes early as all transport modes are linked to GPS.
- Bring down the transportation cost.
- Will Bringdown the time taken for commuters.
- To prevent pilferage as happened in case of Delhi Transport
- Vehicles can be tracked and safety of Passenger’s is ensured.
- The Big Challenge in front of Government is to integrate between different modes of transport where ownership lies with both public and private.
- To overcome this to employ a nodal agency with all Transport Ministers and Union Transport Minister as head.
- India should also take example from developed country like U.K. where these schemes are successfully implemented.