OPERATION ALL OUT
- In Jammu & Kashmir, over 250 terrorists killed and around 45 security forces personnel martyred during counter-terrorist operations during last year. Security officials described Year 2018 as a successful year against terrorism in Kashmir.
- Statistics compiled in year 2018 suggest that 106 civilians were killed during the year which included youth that disrupted counter terrorist operations near gunfight sites at various places in south and other areas in Kashmir.
- Around 93 encounters with terrorists occurred in year 2018 and 87 were completely without any collateral damage.
- Operation All Out a joint offensive launched by Indian security forces in 2017 to flush out militants and terrorists in Kashmir until there is complete peace in the state.
- Operation All-Out includes the Indian Army, CRPF, Jammu and Kashmir Police, BSF and IB. It was launched against numerous militant groups including Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed, Hizbul Mujahideen and Al-Badr.
- The operation was initiated with the consent of Ministry for Home Affairs Government of India following the unrest in 2016 due to the death of Burhan Wani and subsequent militant and terrorist attacks in the region.
Objectives of Operation All Out:
- To eliminate militants from the J&K.
- For maintains for peace and security in that area.
- Avoid fear from the people minds who living in J&K .
- Discourage local young people to join as a militant.
Impact of the operation:
- For the first time militants are giving up arms and joinig the main force towards development and prosperity.
- Hundreds of terrorists are being killed and it has created deterrant factor for new ones to join them.
- Normal school and college life and internet connection have been restored so that socialisation and integration can take place.
- Economy and tourism have started reviving and corporates have started showing interests in kashmir to use and divert the potential of youths.
- Searching houses may influence insecure feeling among Kashmiris as their violation of their right to privacy.
- In past it has been seen that such operations lead to trouble among people and sometimes incidence of army persons targeting innocents have been seen.
- Encountering will militants will also cause harm to army persons, as militants also have highly advanced weapons provided by terror groups in Pakistan.
Major Challenge in the Valley:
- Youth radicalization by the militant outfits.
- Stone pelting by the civilians on army personnel during the operations.
- Continuing cross border terrorism across LoC.
- Alienation of the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Absence of proper govt machinery and its presence in the state
- Political process should be initiated to bring lasting peace in the region.
- Outreach programs conducted to inculcate patriotism in the minds of young citizens.
- Overall socioeconomic development of the region as poverty is often utilized by the militants to mobilize people.
//php comments_template(); ?>