Operation Digital Board
Why in News?
- The Ministry of HRD launched Operation Digital Board to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country.
Operation Digital Board:
- It is a revolutionary step which will make the learning as well as the teaching process interactive and popularize flipped learning as a pedagogical approach.
- The digital board will be introduced all over the country in government and government aided schools from class 9th onwards as well as in higher education institutions.
- The process will begin from the coming session of 2019 itself.
1.In Higher Education Institutions (HEIs):
- UGC will be the implementing agency for ODB in HEIs.
- UGC will put in place a Portal for all the public funded HEIs to log-in and opt for the scheme giving details of this facility.
- This can be implemented as a Central scheme under a loan from HEFA.
- Digital / SMART board will be provided in all Government and Government – aided schools having Secondary and Sr. Secondary classes.
- Nearly 1.5 lakh Secondary / Sr. Secondary schools will be covered under the scheme in collaboration with the State and UTs
- ODB aims at converting a class room into a digital class room.
- It will make available e-resources at any time and at any place to students.
- It will also help in provisioning of personalized adaptive learning as well as Intelligent Tutoring by exploiting emerging technologies like Machine Learning, AI & Data Analytics.
Other technological initiatives:
- The MHRD has launched of e-Pathshala, DIKSHA, NROER, NPTEL, E-PGpathshala SWAYAM and SWAYAM-Prabha DTH Channels etc.
- These have provided adequate content of high quality which can be taken to every classroom.
These pedagogical interventions have raised the standards of teaching, irrespective of the location of the Schools and Colleges.
//php comments_template(); ?>