10, Aug 2018
Prelims level : Schemes Mains level :
Why in news?
- The CBSE has decided to allow students in Kerala who have lost their marksheet, migration certificate and pass certificate in the floods, to retrieve them from its digital academic repository ‘Parinam Manjusha’.
About Parinam Manjusha:
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) ‘s digital academic repository called ‘Parinam Manjusha’, will allow students to find their mark sheets, pass and migration certificates online. It has been developed by the board in collaboration with NEGD (DigiLocker)
- According to an HT report, employers and educational institutions can use it to verify academic records and students can have the access to their certificates.
- The users are required to get themselves registered on the website and after paying the verification fee online, they will then be able to check the certificates.
- The documents will be sent to the employer through mail and the applicant will be notified, thus preventing students from submitting fake documents.
- The documents will contain a QR code, which can be checked through a mobile-based scanning app that can be downloaded from the website.
- CBSE and its regional offices can store, access and update academic records of students in a central repository.