PARIVESH – Portal for environmental clearance
Why in news?
- An ambitious web-based single-window system ‘Parivesh’ will be rolled-out at state levels by January 15, bringing an end to the clearance nightmare for entrepreneurs.
- This automated clearance has already been implemented at the Central level, while various States starting from Gujarat will begin to implement the scheme by January 15.
- It is a Single-Window Integrated Environmental Management System which stands for Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window H
- It is a workflow based application and portal, based on the concept of web architecture.
- The system has been designed, developed and hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, with technical support from National Informatics Centre, (NIC).
- It automates the entire process of submitting the application and tracking the status of such proposals at each stage of processing.
Utility of the portal:
- It facilitates for online submission, monitoring and management of proposals submitted by Project Proponents to the MOEFCC, as well as to the State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authorities (SEIAA).
- It will also help seek various types of clearances (e.g. Environment, Forest, Wildlife and Coastal Regulation Zone Clearances) from Central, State and district-level authorities.
Key highlights of PARIVESH:
- Single registration and single sign-in for all types of clearances (i.e. Environment, Forest, Wildlife and CRZ),
- Unique-ID for all types of clearances required for a particular project and Single Window interface for the proponent to submit applications for getting all types of clearances (i.e. Environment, Forests, Wildlife and CRZ clearances)
- The facility of Geographic Information System (GIS) interface will help them in analyzing the proposal efficiently, automatic alerts (via SMS and emails) at important stages to the concerned officers, committee members and higher authorities to check the delays if any.
//php comments_template(); ?>