PHYS.ORG Oldest human footprint found in Chile
- Scientists in Chile has recently found oldest single footprint at the paleo-archaeological site Pilauco (Osorno, Chile).
- It is a single footprint, discovered in Chile, dates back 15,600 years. Researchers claimed that fossil can reveal new findings about human colonisation of Patagonia.
- New discoveries were published in the latest edition of the peer-reviewed scientific journal PLOS One.
- It was originally excavated in year 2010, after long research researchers have now ruled out animals and have confirmed that it belongs to a male adult human.
- The footprint was found at the Pilauco excavation site in the city of Osorno in south-central Chile where scientists have been digging since 2007.
//php comments_template(); ?>