PM Modi to lead main event of International Yoga Day in Ranchi
10, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the main event of International Day of Yoga 2019 celebrations to be held in Ranchi, Jharkhand on 21st of this month.
- Around 30,000 people are expected to participate in the main event.
- There will be a curtain raiser to the main event at Ranchi on 13th of June, which will be attended to by several State Dignitaries, besides the Yoga Organizations and Yoga Gurus.
- Ministry of AYUSH is the nodal Ministry for observation of the International Day of Yoga across the country.
- The ministry has successfully organized several programs during the last four years in connection with the International Day of Yoga. This year also several small and big events are being planned on the occasion of IDY.
- The Ministry has requested the stake-holding Ministries and Departments of the Central Government, State Governments and other related institutions to work in a coordinated manner to observe the International Day of Yoga (IDY).