Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY-G)
- PMAY-G aims at providing pucca houses, with basic amenities to all houseless householder and those households living in Kutcha and dilapidated house, by 2022.
- The Short term objective is to cover 1 crore household living in Kutcha / Dilapidated house, by 2022.
- The Short term objective is to cover 1 crore household living in Kutcha / dilapidated house inn three years from 2016 – 17 to 2018 – 19.
- The Minimum size of the house has been increased to 25 Sq.mt with a hygienic cooking space.
- The Beneficiary is entitled for 90.95 person day of unskilled labour from MGNREGS.
- The Significant move is that the convenience for piped drinking water, electricity connection, LPG gas connection etc., Different government program is attempted.
- The cost is shared by central and state government in the ration of 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for north east and Himalayan State.
- The annual allocation to the states is to be based on the Annual Action Plan approved by Empowered committee.
- Towards better quality of construction setting up of National Technical Support Agency (NTSA) at National Level is envisaged.
- One of the Major Constrains in Quality constructions is the lack of sufficient number of skilled masons. To Address this a Pan – India training and certification programme for masons has been launched in the states and UT’s.
- The Implementation and monitoring is to be carried out through end-to-end e-governance model using Awaas soft and Awass App, also through community participation (Social Audit), Member of Parliament (DISHA Committee), Centre and State Government officials and National Level Monitors.
Significance of this Scheme:
- By Providing Houses to the Poorest of the poor we address the problem of Poverty.
- Now, the next step will be providing electricity with “Saubhagya” Scheme which in turn promote internet penetration there by help achieving Digital India’s Objective.
- This will collectively help us achieve, the sustainable development Goal 1: No Poverty, Goal 3: Good Health and well Being, Goal 6: Clean water and Sanitation, Goal 7 : Affordable and clean energy, Goal 10: Reduced Inequality.
- Selection of poor from SECC, the transaction is through verified DBT accounts which makes the whole process even more transparent.
- Ownership of housing by women raising their social status women.