PRESIDENT KOVIND TO GIVE NARI SHAKTI AWARDS ON INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
- International Women’s Day is being observed on 8th Governments, NGOs and other organisations across the world observe the day on 8th of March every year to highlight the achievements of women.
- The theme for this year’s women’s day is ‘Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’.
- The purpose of the theme is to achieve gender equality by putting innovation by women and girls, for women and girls, at the heart of efforts.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will present the highest civilian honour for women in India, Nari Shakti Puraskar 2018 in New Delhi.
- This year, 44 awardees have been selected for these Puraskar.
- Women and Child Development Ministry confers Nari Shakti Puraskar to women and institutions in recognition of their relentless service towards the cause of women empowerment and social welfare.
- This year, the Nari Shakti Puraskar has also been awarded to a One Stop Centre and to a state which has shown exceptional progress in improving child sex ratio at birth under the BetiBachaoBetiPadhao scheme.
//php comments_template(); ?>