Why in News?
- Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-Delhi) have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for setting up a ‘Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies in India’ to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd October
- The MoU has been signed by Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India, Prof
- Vijay Raghavan and Director, IIT Delhi, Prof V. Ramgopal Rao in New Delhi.
- The project has been approved under the recently constituted Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- Apart from this, a waste to wealth programme management centre will also be set up at technological solutions for waste management by deploying available technologies for transformation of waste to wealth. IIT Delhi.
Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA):
- Established in 1999, PSA is a “think-tank” and “action-tank” for science, technology and innovation Activities
- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was the first PSA from 1999-2001 and Dr. R. Chidambaram from 2001-2018.
- Current PSA is Professor K. Vijayaraghavan