Punjab to ban online delivery of food without hygiene rating as per FSSAI guidelines
03, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Punjab State government plans to ban online delivery of food without hygiene rating as per the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) guidelines.
- The announcement was made by the Health Minister Brahm Mohindra announced on 30 May. The decision was taken under the ‘Tandarust Punjab Mission’.
- Health Minister of the State Brahm Mohindra has issued directions to all online food order and supply companies to display the hygiene rating of the food business operators registered with them.
- The State has given three months for compliance with the law. After the deadline, no online food order will be delivered in the state without the hygiene rating.
- The online food companies can take orders from consumers and deliver it after procuring the hygiene rating from the Food Business Operators associated with them.